Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Swallowtail Butterfly

In my January workshop we had a play with this beautiful Stampin' Up! Swallowtail Stamp.
We did the Bleaching Technique and got some awesome results!

Firstly we stamped the butterfly with Versamark on to Tempting Turquoise Cardstock then heat embossed in black embossing powder.  Using an Aqua Painter filled with bleach we then bleached out all of the butterfly. In some areas I used more bleach than others to get a variant of shades.  I then coloured in using my Stamp Write Markers, Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy, Marina Mist and then went over with the Wink of Stella Pens in both Clear and Gold.









Below is another card I made with the retired Stampin' Up! Enfrancais background stamped in versamark only.  This gives the watermark look which is quite a subtle effect.

I loved this butterfly so much!  I started having a look on Pinterest and saw a wall decor item by prettyimpact.com.  Their frame inspired me to create these two extra cards below.

 Again I heat embossed the image in black to start with, then using sponge daubers I coloured in using Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight inks.
.Hope you have some fun with the Swallowtail
If you would like to order this beautiful stamp or any of the products I have used, please to to my online store by clicking the Shop Now button, or contact me and I will be happy to place the order for you.   
Sale-a-bration freebies are still available until March 31st so not much longer!  Take advantage of choosing a free product for every $90AU you spend before postage.

Until next time
Happy stampin

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment